White Horse Housing have recently launched its new Business Plan. The document sets out the plans for the Association over the next 5 years and demonstrates a commitment to maintaining strong financial viability, value for money and providing improved services to its customers. The plan also commits the Association to continually grow the business through new development opportunities, thereby providing more, much needed, affordable homes within rural communities.
Launching the plan the Association's Chief Executive, Steve Warran, said "Despite a challenging operating environment, White Horse Housing has come a long way over the past 2-3 years. We are now a much stronger organisation financially and have built a solid base on which to further expand our operations. We have ambitious plans to develop new homes across rural villages, further improve our existing homes to provide great places to live for our tenants and provide high quality, personalised, housing services that meet the needs of our tenants".
He continued, "Most importantly, the plan recognises that we will need to continually improve our internal systems and governance arrangements to ensure we are as efficient as possible and therefore demonstrate real value for money to our customers".
The plan also sets out some of the Association's main achievements over the past 3 years including:
- the completion of 36 new homes across 7 villages,
- the transfer of 96 homes from former Kilmersdon Rural Housing Association,
- increased annual turnover and surpluses to reinvest in services,
- the re-procurement of the repairs and maintenance contracts resulting in significant savings,
- a new asset management tool to help target investment where it is most needed,
- a new 'neighbourhood inspection' regime, and,
- improved office systems to enable mobile working for staff and greater access to data for tenant
A copy of White Horse Housing Business Plan 2017